Effective marketing is crucial for the success of any business. Increasing brand visibility can drive higher foot traffic and generate higher sales conversions. Keep this in mind as you search for eye-catching marketing materials.
Decals are great for increasing brand awareness at your storefront, on the sales floor, or on the go. If you want to make a big impact for little start up costs, window, floor, or car decals could be an excellent option. Read on to learn which decals are right for your small business.
Why Choose Decals?
Visual consistency is the key to branding success, and that is exactly what decals do best. When used with custom flags and banners, decals help small businesses develop a powerful and tangible brand image.
There are many benefits of using decals for your promotional endeavors:
- Choose between permanent or reusable decals.
- Decals are durable and last more than five years even when placed outdoors.
- They are inexpensive yet highly effective promotional items, which adds to their ROI.
- They can be applied both inside or outside the store.
Different Types of Decals
Decals can be classified into various categories depending on the material, application, and purpose. Many quality decals are manufactured using adhesive vinyl. For instance, window decals could be frosted or etched to grant some amount of privacy by applying them to outdoor windows. There are also clear window clings to make marketing messages visible from the inside and outside.
Perforated window decals work well for large messages applied across expansive surfaces. Static window clings could be used to offer store directions, help customers navigate the store, announce sales, decorate, maintain privacy, promote businesses, list out services, and more.
The Case for Car Decals
Decals aren’t just for brick-and-mortar marketing. Car decals add mobility to your advertising initiatives. Well-designed car decals help your brand stand out wherever you go, which equates to greater brand visibility, more customer touchpoints, and higher sales.
Car decals come in various sizes and can be applied to:
- Rear windows
You can enhance your car decals with custom car flags for a catchy company vehicle appearance. These decals can be useful for advertising small businesses, personalizing company cars, declaring sales, and decoration.
Window decals and glass displays are extremely common and cost effective for merchandising. When done right, window displays can help small businesses:
- Increase brand awareness and exposure.
- Help passersby locate your business.
- Guide customers to the store entrance.
- Attract attention to ongoing sales and promotions.
- Highlight important products and services.
- Generate curiosity to welcome customers.
- Add a touch of creativity to your storefront.
Decal Design 101
Decals, car wraps, window clings, and even magnetic signs all have promotional potential. There are a few things that every business should know when first using decal-style advertising:
- Align the decal design with your overall marketing.
- Choose your colors wisely and focus on high-impact contrast.
- When choosing fonts, readability should be your primary concern.
- Incorporate images that support the message but keep it simple.
- Adhere to the basic design principles of alignment, hierarchy, contrast, repetition, proximity, balance, color, and space.
- Have the print partner proof your design before printing out the decals.
- Follow the “measure twice, cut once” philosophy while sizing your decals.
- Leave enough time between the design and delivery so you get your items when you need them.
Caring for Your Decals
The longevity of your decals relies on your care for them. Caring for your decals starts with proper installation. Clean the surface before applying the decal to it for better adhesion. If you notice an air bubble after the installation of the decal, puncture it and rub the area to release the trapped air through the hole.
Clean and restore vinyl decals that may undergo deterioration due to oxidation. Wash your decals regularly with soapy water and rinse them off completely. Avoid any cleaners that contain chemicals. Above all else, avoid scraping or scrubbing the decal after it’s been applied.
Decals are low-maintenance and cost-efficient making them a great addition to your existing small business marketing plan. From decals to custom flags and banners, it’s essential to maintain a cohesive look for your marketing materials. When you decide to add decals to your advertising toolkit, keep these considerations in mind.